[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Banning kennel crates???

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Da List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:55:12 -0700

On Mar 28, 2012, at 10:51 AM, Stormy Hope wrote:

We need a Legislative Committee with active Chair).  That is at the
bottom of each and every article that I write for the Review.  Then as
a formal, recognized committee, their own website for the Leg. Chair
(getting updates from regional leg. committee members) provide news to
Leg. Website Webmaster.  Then the Club members would be updated
frequently of what's happening in their area.  The committee members
could be formally working with clubs in their areas to give and
receive information and also educate regional club members on how to
approach their politicians by letter,phone, personal visits and keep
on top of all this crap that's coming down the tube.

It's so much more than legislation, it's crates, Lean, Finely Textured
Beef, it's perfectly healthy animals being seized to make money and
publicity for an organization, it's definitions of abuse being
abused.... so much more...

So much to say.....

It takes a village, and the village has to be all inclusive, not just
"you/we should, but I/We will."

Stormy

On Mar 28, 2012, at 10:10 AM, Sharon Allbright wrote:

And isn't this just the truth!  I just popped my one year old in her
crib because she wouldn't stay out of things and climbed on top of the
table.  We were all real busy and just couldn't chase her. Oh and she
is my day care child as I have a state licensed pre-school - day care
in my home since 1970!! Oh dear just dated myself.  And I have had
GSD's all these years too and they love the children and as a result
of all the two legged monsters racing around my dogs have the best
temperament in the world. I have a crate right here in my playroom and
no parent has ever been against it.  Actually the little one year old
walks right into it without bending her head. We sure do have
challenges to face as the years go by.  We need more of the top brass
(GSDCA Officers and Board) Responding to the public in our defense.
Sharon Allbright.