[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ballots, Bios, and enough Bungling.......................

  • From: "Mary-Anne" <mary-anne.boulet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 10:37:55 -0400

Will love to mail it back...as soon as I receive it...30 September and no
ballot yet in Northern Ontario
.Mary-Anne
C C Mistral of Waldenridge CGN CD TD AGN TEC RN (Caro) HIC
Tersha's Magnum Force  CGN TEC HIC
From: "Cyndy Davis"
Subject: Ballots, Bios, and enough Bungling............
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 22:54:19 -0700
First of all, Randy, I don't see how we can blame the Corresponding
Secretary for the following reasons:

1. We hire an election company to administer the election. The election
company should be aware of postal regulation changes which resulted in the
returned ballots. We hire an election company and trust them to do their
job. The Corresponding Secretary proofs the ballots and the envelop, but if
I understand her correctly, she was given a proof of the front and not the
back. Even if she would have previewed the back, there's no way she would
have known about the brand new postal codes.

2. The ballots were scheduled to go out at the end of August, and were
delayed because the AKC required changes in the wording of the bylaw
revisions. It was the AKC that was slow on this, not the recording
secretary, and it was not her decision to delay the ballot to get those
bylaw changes in.

3. As for the bios included or not included, each candidate is responsible
for submitting a bio and are reminded several times to do so. Gail said
publicly on the list that it was not Sharon's fault, we should accept that.

4. Don't blame Sharon for Margy's email. That was MARGY'S email.

The officers and board members are VOLUNTEERS and HUMANS. I think sometimes
we forget that.

At this point I don't think it's necessary to call in the AKC, I think that
Margy and others have suggested reasonable solutions to the problem, and I
encourage everyone to continue to mail in their votes. If you wait to see
what decision is made by the board, it will be too late to mail your ballot.

Cyndy

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI, GSDCA Health Award