[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Back to the dogs

  • From: "Bonnie Money" <bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:48:47 -0400

Now here's a topic worth responding to!  I'd like to brag on Sam, my 11.5  year
old GSD - he bloated and torsioned two weeks ago.  We were fortunate to catch
it within minutes of it happening and rushed him to our vet clinic.  Emergency
surgery to "unflip" the stomach and remove the speen and now he looks like he's
good as new.  Vet said there was no damage to the stomach at all.  Sam, a
German-American cross, isn't a show dog, but he has sired one champion.

Nexie, our Alvin daughter, is sitting out the National this year in her
underwear.  This has been a very strange summer.  When Nexie blew coat, she
lost every guard hair on her body, right down to her skivvies! This started in
June and she's just now starting to looking like a German Shepherd instead of a
giraffe.

So, Sam's healing, Nexie is about ready to come back out and get her last major
to finish, and cool weather is just around the corner.  Life is good.

 Hug a GSD...

Bonnie Money
Bridgelady GSD's and CWC's
LaGrange, Kentucky

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude EVA]