[ SHOWGSD-L ] Back on Line

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:56:06 EDT

As you probably have noticed--or maybe not <G> I got my  computer working
again. I've lived here 50 years and probably experienced the  worst storm with
straight line winds,lots of lightning strikes,&  thunder,that I've ever had .
I'm east of both Mpls & St Paul,so usually  those big cities cut the strength
of the storms,but it didn't this time.  Luckily,I had hired a tree service to
thin out and trim my 50 yr old huge trees.  I only lost two big limbs and a few
branches.None hit the house or kennel  building. But no electricity for about
14 hrs. Now when you are out in the  country,you have wells. If you know a
storm is coming,you fill the bathtub,so  you can wash and use the toilet,fill a
few pans in kitchen,but when it hits  unexpectedly( it hit a 4AM),,since you
have a well,of course--you are without  water. as well as lights etc, On top of
that,when the power came on,,I found all  the timers for the lights were
burnt out and my computer had been knocked out.  That was on Sat,so things are
fixed now and life can continue. People around  here suffered much worse--trees
uprooted , huge limbs broken and on top of  cars and houses.  I was lucky,but
it sure was a challenge for that many  hours.
Helen Miller Fisher