[ SHOWGSD-L ] Back from the cardi nationals

  • From: missjrhandlergsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:54:25 -0400

Sadly I come home with no ribbons. The competition was tough and I got nervous
on the tabel but other than that ginger and I performed to our best ability. I
couldn't have asked more from her so I'm very proud of her. She got a big
cookie when we got out of the ring. The show was spectacular and the hotel too.
The dog shows was held on the hotel premisis. I was so glad i got to go to the
banquet, it was amazing we got a coffee mug and  tabel mat that said 2006 cardi
nationals it has 4 corgis on it with them slaying a dragon  one was actually
aiding it though lol I also got the center peice of the tabel a beautiful jelly
candle with a cardi in it a dragon and a castle. They had recently (i believe a
week or two ago) lost a huge person in the cardi world Paul Sawaboda so  the
banquet was really emotional. He was one of the major reasons why the cardi
name was finally changed this year to Cardigan Welsh Corgi instead of Welsh
Corgi Cardigan......Before I was even really into the
  cardi world i remember the name already bothering me so I'm glad that he did
that. Gosh the said that each junior would get a goody bag and I was like cool
I get some candy, well it wasn't just a bag of candy it was more like a
Eukanuba Duffle Bag full of stuffs from gum to doggie treats, to human cookies,
plus a crate fan, a big huge blanket that says Cardis rule and Dragons Beware
lol,a deck of cardi, those really nice dog buckets, a dowl, a collar that says
cwcca 2006 on it, a bandana that has a worrior corgi on it lol, a dog brush...
.I defanitly got my entry worth out of it. I got to meet soooooooo many great
new people. I told my mom before I let I don't want to go home. I'm hoping to
get to go to the nationals next year for the cardis and we'll see how that
goes. I will have great memories of my first cardi national for the rest of my
life, I'll never forget it. Hope everyone had a great weekend at the dog
show!!!!

Love,
Melissa