[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Back Yard Breeders

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:06:20 EST

Interesting...I would help anyone on earth with whelping, if only to save
the mom from any undue pain or fear. I know how you feel, but these are dogs,
and all dogs are equal in my eyes. Forget the owners...they don't count. If
things go badly, and they need you, that would be a lesson for them in itself.
If things go really badly, and the bitch (es) need a section, that alone will
cure them, but you need to be there to prevent unneccessary suffering. It is
about the dogs. Shalom, Syd

In a message dated 1/19/2005 8:44:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
silvermoongsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Okay, I  have a bit of a dilemma that I'm hoping the lists can help me with.
I have two  neighbors, one two doors down and the other on the next street,
that have  decided that since they have pure bred dogs that they would breed.
One  neighbor with a rotti that bred to another rotti up the street and the
other  with a standard poodle that bred to her other standard poodle. Neither
of
these neighbors know what they are doing and I have preached till blue in the
face about responsible breeding ( they have asked why I haven't had a litter
)  and the fact that breeders don't get rich off of breeding. The dilemma is
that  they have both approached me on helping them with the pups, one actually
wanting me to help whelp the litter. I told them both I would think about it,
 but I really don't want to get involved. These people have been great
neighbors and enjoy their company normally but feel that the motive behind
this is
greed and I don't condone it. I also don't want to contribute to  th
unwanted dog population that I know some of these pups will end up  in. How
do I tell them I don't want to be involved with this or am I just  being petty
and give them the help they request?

Luanne  Crinklaw
Silvermoon German Shepherds
Mesa, AZ
Home of Chenoa's  Kindred Spirit, and Chenoa's Great Adventure ( waiting at
the bridge  )

Yahoo! Mail - Find  what you need with new enhanced search. Learn  more.

POST  is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the original
kind  are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND of the

FORBIDDEN,
AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org

SYD  MAILBERG 425-432-4144
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA  98038
Updated Website quarter German pups and Amer bred pup
_http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com_
(http://kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)