[ SHOWGSD-L ] Baby Watson.....

  • From: "Jane Kerner" <jkerner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:40:30 -0600

As David and Martha Rinke attest, US Grand Victor Ch. Langenau's Watson did
some changing as he grew.
Some of the recent discussions as regards German Shepherd Dog puppies not
changing as they grow sometimes makes a person wonder........

How come there always seems to be more show potential puppies than there are
adult show dogs, I wonder?

Something happened, didn't it?
Between twelve weeks of age and two years?
Something happened?

What happened?

I have been watching pups grow now for quite some time.  In fact, a long time.

And I frequently have had occasion to say to the pups I am watching grow,

"What happened to you?"

"Can't you read your pedigree?"

"Why do you look like that?"

=:-)

Years back, as a new person, I asked Fred Migliore those questions.

"What happened to the puppy between twelve weeks and two years?"

"How come there are more show potential show pups than there are show dogs as
adults?"

He said:

"If it were easy, everyone would have one"........

This is not easy folks..........

There is no instant gratification when breeding good German Shepherd Dogs.

Sometimes being a good breeder of German Shepherd Dogs can be a very humbling
experience.

I think God must plan it that way.........

Jane Kerner