[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: BREED QUESTION

  • From: "Kathryn Springer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "showgsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@freelists org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:28:45 -0700

Others say the Cardigan is more shepherd like then a Pembroke. I have no
experience with either but Karen Taylor now has Rowdy the Cardigan and he is
wonderful. Gloria Birch has a Pembroke and loves her so guess it is whichever
one fits your personality better. I do think more GSD people have the Pems.

Kay Springer, Showboat Shepherds
showgsd@xxxxxxx

Lew <lew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doc Zoe will tell you the answer is a Corgi.  Think that is her second breed
and she says they are like miniature GSDs.  They are energetic so if you are
looking for a mellow dog, they might not be what to get, but they are probably
the closest thing you will find with a similar temperament and they are in the
herding group.

On 6/30/2015 9:22 PM, Helen Franklin wrote:

Is there a small breed that has the heart and mind of a German Shepherd?

Helen Franklin

helenfranklin520@xxxxxxxxx

--
Lew Wurdeman