[ SHOWGSD-L ] BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:07:03 EST

Here is the recipe for the Breakfast Casserole.  Let me know if you think I
can freeze it.  I haven't experimented on freezing it yet.

6 eggs
2 cups milk
12 slices bread, crust removed, and cubed
1 lb sausage cooked and well drained
1/2  -  3/4 lb grated cheddar cheese

Place bread cubes in a greased 13 x 9 x 2" casserole.  Beat eggs gently with
milk and pour over bread cubes.  Crumble sausage over bread/egg mixture.  Top
with cheese.  Cover with foil and refrigerate 18-24 hours.  Let stand at room
temperature for 15 minutes before baking. Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes
covered and 25 minutes uncovered.

Shrimp may be substitued for the sausage and served as a luncheon dish.

A few Christmases ago when I had so much company I made the sausage one using
Jimmy Dean's Hot sausage and it was a big hit.  Also made one substituting
bacon for the sausage and it was good too.  (1 lb bacon cut in 1/2 inch strips
and cooked till crisp)  I also use egg beaters for about half the egg mixture.
I made the two casseroles for 10 people and had a little left over.  Of
course we had sweetrolls and stuff like that too.  Everything low carb natch!!
LOL