[ SHOWGSD-L ] BRAG (yes I'm shouting)

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:45:12 EDT

I'm back from the National and am totally thrilled and honored to brag that
 Gsdstyle's Johnny B. Goode v Windover Abijah, handled by the awesome Abbey
 Hathaway, was awarded Best Puppy by Dave Rinke after getting a first place
 in the 6-9 months class under Gloria Birch. Thank you so very much to both
 judges for recognizing our boy and thank you everyone for all the
wonderful  comments and compliments. I'll be getting my web site updated soon
with
his  pedigree and photo. Johnny is by 3x Select CH. Bill-Mar's Here Comes
Trouble,  RN, ROM and out of CH. Geran's Holly Jolly Christmas. He was bred and
is  owned by Steve and me, Abe Puchall, and Jill Lukasik.

I thought the site was good with only a little dust. I could see a  subtle
haze in the air that got slightly heavier as the day went along. Not  having
the sod does make it seem a little less sophisticated but the cost  savings
must have been enormous. The stall areas were clean and bright and very
nice and the grounds were super for the dogs. Lots of restaurants around and
close by the hotels. But the weather didn't cooperate at all. It does seem
that  the GSDCA brings out extreme weather no matter where we go! It was cold
and  rainy until Saturday when the sun was out but it was still pretty
cold.

I think everyone working at the National did a tremendous job. There are so
 many people that just never stopped to make sure it went off without a
hitch. I  know how hard it is to put on a specialty show, and I can't imagine
what a task  it is to put on the National - it can't be done unless everyone
is working their  butts off to make it happen. Along with everyone running
the tables, the ring,  the stalls, and everything else that needed to be run,
managed, handled and  figured out, I could see Evan and company working
their fingers off typing the  blog all day every day until I'm sure they could
barely see the screen anymore.  I could see Lanalee up in a room high above
the ring behind glass working all  day every day to help bring the video to
everyone who wasn't able to attend. I  never even got the chance to say hi
to her during the show unless we were in the  ladies room at the same time!
Thank you!

If you think about it, everyone who helps put on the  show gives up hanging
around with friends we only see once a  year, gives up finally being able
to see the dogs we've been  hearing and reading about all year up close where
it can all look so different  (for better or for worse), and even gives up
what might be a good thing -  wandering over to the vendor booths for the
tenth time to look at one more  sweatshirt to bring home. I personally want to
thank them all for their work all  year and all week towards putting on a
show that I can watch and participate in  every year - it's deeply
appreciated! (by the way, Johnny got a beautiful  leather braided two color
collar
from one of the vendors so he can show off  even more <g>).

Anyway, I just had to add my two cents in about the National. Now, off to
unpack!
Pat
Sel CH Gus  ROM; 3x Sel CH Trouble ROM; CH Maddy; CH Tia; CH Ben; CH
Tarzan; BOF Piper, 2009  BP Johnny B. Goode.  _gsdstyle.com_
(http://www.gsdstyle.com/)  and _snowheronstudios.com_
(http://www.snowheronstudios.com/)