[ SHOWGSD-L ] BIG BRAGS FROM BATON ROUGE!!!!

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(showgsd-l)>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 08:19:41 -0500

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Before I begin, I would again like to thank the club members for hosting a
wonderful event.Their combined effort with so very few workers was
extraordinary! The quality of dogs exhibited was equal to the quality of
these shows. Often you hear cliche statements such as "our dog won a
quality filled class" and the reality of it is that more often than not the
classes were not quality filled, however such was not the case this
weekend! In numbers, this futurity appeared to be small, but numbers can be
deceiving. It would appear that all that entered either the regular shows
or the futurity entered their "A" team and good competition makes for a
great time!
 Now on to our brags. On Friday, our Hickoryhill's Porter House(aka Macho)
went Best Puppy under judge Lee Brown and on Saturday, under judge Randy
Hamm, Macho went on to take the major reserve. I would like to thank both
these judges for finding Macho despite his nakedness!LOL! Macho is owned by
Steve and I and is sired by Ch. Nathan X Sel. Brick House.Also I must
mention that Macho was expertly handled by my husband Steve! Also on Sat,
judge Randy Hamm gave the nod for Best Puppy to Hickoryhill's Doll House
(aka Barbie).Barbie was superbly handled to the win by Scott Yergin.Barbie
is owned by myself, Steve and John Schacht. It was so exciting to see
brother and sister competing for the win, and gaiting together and equally
fun to watch Steve and Scott trying to out maneuver each other in the ring!
LOL! We opted not to show our youngsters in the evening show under Mr.
Noya, both puppies had already had a big day and we were afraid it would be
too much on 10 mos old puppies, however we look forward to showing under
Mr. Noya in the future!
Now the futurity..what can I say, thank you so much judge Joan Fox for
finding and awarding our Barbie Best in Futurity! It was a true honor to
win a futurity where you could easily take home the majority of these young
bitches! I can't express enough how much we truly appreciate this win! Also
a special thank you to Scott for his expert handling of Barbie. Scott let
her float around the ring on a loose lead and every time she was set up it
was perfect. Couldn't ask for better team work! Again, thank you to all the
judges, exhibitors and ring side for your kind words about these two
youngsters! Christine and Stev