[ SHOWGSD-L ] BESTEST

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:16:38 -0400

Longing for some more "doggie" conversation, I sat down and came up with
this. Play along if you like. Copy and paste and then delete my answers
and put yours there instead. Barbara

BESTEST – (Old English word meaning BEST)

1) Best place that a GSD National was ever held. Georgia

2) Best intersex judge that ever judged at a GSD National. Ed Barritt

3) Best overall Grand Victor of all time. Quick

4) Best overall Grand Victrix of all time. OMG way too many, but without
seeing her in person, and just looking at her picture, I thought
Fetuccini looked gorgeous.

5) Best overall male that never had a GV title. Ironsides (Charlie)

6) Best overall female that never had a GVX title. FV Ch Doppelt Tay's
Gilda

7) Best GSD handler of all time. LaMar Kuhns

8) Best GSD ambassador (someone who has gone above and beyond the
service to our breed). Then: Bob Penny, Now: Dawn Restuccia

9) Best GSDCA president of all time. Can't answer that for I've only
been back in the breed now for three years.

10) Best hotels to stay at when traveling to dog shows. Holiday Inn Express

11) Best restaurant to eat at when traveling to dog shows. Cracker
Barrel because they're reasonable and good.

12) Best advice you ever received from a breeder, judge or handler. was
a breeder (who I co/owned a male with) who told
me that he will get pulled apart, talked about and blamed for
everything. She told me when I can't come up with an answer to these
"not so nice people", just blame it all on her. She was right about
these people and I did blame it all on her. hehehe!

13) Best part about belonging to the GSDCA. The Review!

14) Best reason to own a GSD. To teach us the character that we should
all strive to achieve in ourselves!

15) Best reason not to own a GSD. To capitalize and profit from them
while giving them little more than the bare necessities in life.
16) Best dog that you wish were still alive today so you could breed to
him: GV Mannix of Fran-Jo

17) Best show dog you ever owned. BIM Ch Arbar's Xanadu ROM

18) Best male dog you ever bred. American & International Ch BOF Sel #3
Ch Chieftain's Kharu CD

19) Best bitch you ever bred. BOM Chieftain's Nuance

20) Best thing you want to be remembered for pertaining to the GSD
breed. That I was there for the little guy, by helping and encouraging
them and making them believe that they could when they thought that they
couldn't.

21) Best lesson you’ve learned from dealing with people in the GSD
breed. Most are a passionate group of people who are highly competitive
looking for self actualization, and recognition by their peers and will
do most anything to achieve it. And the lesson
learned.....................never trust a "secret" to your competitor
for you've just given them a weapon to defeat you! hehehehe!

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS