[ SHOWGSD-L ] Attending Board Meetings - Another option

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:46:36 EST

Very few members, as much as we, and they would like to,  can attend  the
meetings, most of us have jobs, kids, dogs, lions, tigers and bears to take
care
of. It just isn't possible. And as pointed out by Kathaleen, if the  meetings
are held in an area that doesn't have a large membership and is not  central
to large areas of membership, then obviously there will be little
attendance.
Kind of like our Nationals. I know lets get Evan to do a "blog " of  the
meetings! lol
Kathy

I was pleased to be able to attend the last Board Meeting.  But as Kathy and
Kathaleen pointed out, it is just not possible for everyone to do this on a
regular basis.

However, as we have a functioning Regional Clubs Committee, why can me make
things such as the NIS available to the Education Liaison of each club to be
discussed at a club meeting, followed with notes and questions to the BOD?
Maybe
even with a deadline.
This is not farfetched, specially when you considered the huge impact of a
project like this.
Assuming that people will then participate.  That is the trick.

Then the membership will not only have the opportunity to participate but
will feel included in the decision making process.  I believe that there are
just
good old plain regular members with a great eye for our dogs movement, body
and appreciation for the temperament that could give excellent input to this
project.  A collection of this ideas can then be discussed and things
implemented by the board and the NIS committee.

While I like the online idea, we have a lot of people who just don't do
computers.  It is a reality.  Hell, I only check my emails once or twice a
week.
Just don't have enough time to sit here and delete the bulk of 500+ emails a
day.

JMO

Ileana