[ SHOWGSD-L ] At da board meeting

  • From: " RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd.l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 03:28:42 -0700

"Listers"...
Aside from the occasional "nattering nabob"...this group is doing a damn fine
job in attacking our agenda in a serious and professional manner.

One of the most impressive things to note is how we will address a subject and
then discuss potential solutions. Then...rather than just opt for one...we will
put additional thought into those ideas for a solution to be decided on at the
next meeting in July. Giving ourselves more time allows options for the very
best solutions to emerge. Some items can be dealt with right away but
some...like changes in the futurity system require more in depth discussion to
get it right. This Board..."Gets" that concept and that should give us the
ability to get it really right.

I can only speak for myself...but it also seems this group is really working
together very well. I was thinking of the movie "Blazing Saddles" yesterday and
Mel Brooks who played Governor Lepetamane. One of his great lines was to his
aide Hedley Lamar when he saId..."Weve got to justify keeping our phony baloney
jobs".Not so with this group...I see genuine efforts to assist each other in
working for the best possible solutions. I woke up at 4:30 AM this morning
thinking about discussions from yesterday.

Kudos' to Lew and others whose style is emerging with just the right amount of
forceful pressure and still making it fun at the same time. Good things should
come from such a style.

Paul

Now if only I can master the difference in keyboards between my PC and this lap
top.