[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Artificial Insemination

  • From: Vontan@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 23:09:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2006 3:02:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
DPiagentin@xxxxxxx writes:
<<  Have decided that this old dog should learn something  new in dogs, and
so I
am going to attempt AI's,  here are my  questions:

How long is the pipette for a GS,
and second where do  you get them?>>

I use a 9" pipette, and since it almost goes in all the way I think 18"
would be overkill.   I get my stuff from _http://www.exodusbreeders.com/_
(http://www.exodusbreeders.com/)
Give them a call and they will send you anything you want, not just the
insemination kits they have on their web site.  If you only want pipettes,  you
can get a pack of 10 for a few dollars.  Or you can get the syringes  which BTW
do not have the latex rubber at the end of the plunger, and gloves and  the
collection sleeve.  I just ordered a pack of 10 each of gloves,  syringes,
pipettes, sleeves and it was maybe 29.00.  comes to roughly 3.00  per A-I.
They
also have a link on their site, to step by step  instructions on how to collect
a dog and inseminate a bitch.
Yvonne
creekvue.com