[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Arizona /weather, etc.

  • From: Liane M Fossland <lfossland@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: SHOWGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:33:40 -0700

It was supposed to rain at our shows, but surprisingly it only rained
Saturday morning just when I was supposed to go in the Obedience ring.
Figures. Here I am ready to go come "Hell or High Water" and the judge
tells me to wait as it was pouring. He was just worried about himself,
not me, haha. Our Show Chair was ahead of the game, though, because she
had purchased some slickers way before the show (wonder how she knew?). I
was pretty happy with the results, did not get highest score but passed.
First leg. The next day we blew it, I mean all but one did. Beautiful
sunny day on Sunday, could it have been the judge? Naw!

So I run over to the Conformation ring and everyone stares at me. Now
what did I do? Come to find out that my handler returned my puppy to the
crate because she was "limping" and everyone was waiting in the ring for
her otherwise it would brake the major. So, that's why! Out with the
bitch - the show must go on. Did I say that Lew Bunch has a lot of
patience? He does. Lo and behold, my puppy gets 3rd place, 2nd time in
the ring, never been traained for it.
Guess it pays to save a major.
It was good to see all our friends again and to meet new ones. Evan was
his usual gracious self and spent a lot of time with the young, junior
handlers and all. Judging was great; Ron Nunnally's Kaleef Tindrock Bye
Bye Bye finished under Evan.
Nitro BOB, Sat - Showtime BOB, Sun. They were both gorgeous.
Another show is history. Now we will be working toward next year when
we'll be hosting the SP Futurity.
Lee

Liane (Lee) Fossland
Steppenwind German Shepherds  www.steppenwindgsd.com
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni, CD,  Auburn & KaraMia