[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Another recipe.... & memories

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:30:53 EST

Me too, I read cookbooks like novels:)

I recently received one I treasure.  Apparently, when my parents first
married my mother's menu was...shall we say limited?  (Funny, I remember  her
always being an outstanding cook!)  My Great Aunt Mae, who died on my  first
birthday, bought Mom a cookbook which had always been in the top  drawer of
Mon's
kitchen, to the left of the sink under the dish  towels.  Now, as far as
cookbooks go, it's not particularly  noteworthy.  It wasn't written by a famous
chef
and it doesn't have the  glossy photos of seductive landscapes we've all grown
accustomed to in modern  cookbooks.  Instead, it is well worn and tattered,
held together w/ rubber  bands, the binding is shot, flour stains many pages
and there is the odd  collection of hand written and cut out recipes on slips
of
paper  throughout.  On a torn piece of notebook paper, someone (me!) had
practiced writing her numbers and that too found its place with all of the
other
memories.  It wouldn't fetch $1 at a yard sale.

On her last visit up, Mom gave the "the book".

Guess what you'll find in one of my kitchen drawers to the left of the sink
under a few dish towels?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 11/10/2008 8:54:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We are  trying to get it together Gary for LHSH and the AGSRA  to sell at the
 Ohio National but if I can do it before that I will.
Joan