[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Another Passing

  • From: Gary Weickelt <gweickelt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:06:18 -0500

> I just got back from Dick Whalen's funeral. It was interesting to
> see his
> daughters that I haven't seen in twenty years, and to listen to
> Bill Basu speak
> so clearly on what Dick meant to him. It was clear that Dick and
> Jean had
> such a  special relationship, and Jean took time to thank us for
> coming to the
> service.
>
> It was interesting to see so many of the dog people there. Clearly
> Dick  made
> his mark on our sport, and on our hearts.  I hope that we can show
> that
> devotion to those of us who are still here, and that we will be
> remembered  as
> Dick was.

Thank you for introducing me to Dick this past winter in Santa Maria.
I was out on the left coast visiting relatives. I wonder how I chose
that weekend! We had a very nice visit with Dick and Jean. Did a lot
of reminiscing about a Futurity Jean judged in Minnesota many years
ago. It was a very pleasant time I spent with them. He is a man that
will be missed by all who have met him. I am extremely proud I can
count myself among them.

Gary in Wis