[ SHOWGSD-L ] And it continues....

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:06:30 -0700 (PDT)

  It appears that yet another life has been spared today thanks to Melissa
Cooper's tenacity. The shelter has 170 dogs...confusion reigns! Evidently there
was a mixup in numbers on the dogs and Greta was NOT reclaimed or adopted...So
with the help of Vivienne James from Critter Calvary, Melissa will be getting
this dog out today and fostering her while Viv lists her on their petfinder
site. She will help find foster care if the time lingers on...Again, these are
ALL BREED rescues that have been stepping up and offering assistance. It has
proved invaluable!
   I had a worrisome night awaiting to hear about Bear...he was due to go to
the
Elizabethtown Veterinary Clinic yesterday for a bath and vet care. The ACO at
the facility where he was assured me that he would "load him up and drop him
off" at close of business yesterday. Well, evidently the "creek DID rise", and
Ted did not get Bear in on time. I received this news too late in the day to
contact anyone else for transport. Needless to say...no sleep for me! Kept
seeing his sad eyes staring thru the chain link; his poor ears are all red from
flies. I can just imagine how uncomfortable he is!
Anyway, I started calling the ACO and the Vet Clinic at 8:30 this
morning...Shelter closed...No Bear at the clinic. I contacted both of the
people who had emailed me regarding him and finally heard back from Krista.
Evidently, Bear has a nice clean outside run awaiting him...the clinic doesn't
need to be open. The Veterinarian lives on the premises, and will check on him.
Guess at least he will be safe and the bath will have to wait until Tuesday.
Thank you all for your generous donations to our cause! Because of you, these
lives were spared!
Have a safe and peaceful weekend!!!!
Dawn Restuccia
Last Hope, Safe Haven for GSD's...