[ SHOWGSD-L ] An open letter to Gary Szymczak ail.com

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:49:53 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/12/11 6:58:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:
As I  have said many times in the past, I am more then willing to answer
questions, hear your concerns and keep you abreast of what your board is
considering and the reasons for past decisions.

And you know I appreciate your work as I do everyone who serves this club.

Has anyone seriously considered why we need a 20 person board for a 2,000
member club?  I am the attorney and parlimentarian for the Model A Ford
Club of America with 30,000 members. They have a six person board.

Also, between you and me, are we going to take a bath on the World  Trials?
 I know Tom  Mesdag gave me all kinds of information about all  his
committees and how much was being done.  I was very pleased to hear  that.
Now
Dan Yee takes it over, and he isn't even on the  GSDCA board, and hasn't done
anything to show he supports the GSDCA.  I saw  him at the first meeting in
Los Angeles.  He seems like a nice guy, but how  can someone not on our
board have this kind of responsibility?

The Budget and Finance Committee works hard for us. but, we want  more.  We
don't want to hear that the National is projecting a loss. We  want to hear
that things are being cut to make sure we make a profit. We were  told that
$10,000 a year was being set aside for the World Trials. What happened  to
that?

I will continue to support the club in every way I can, but I sure am
concerned that no one is standing back and looking at the big picture.  Or,
maybe I am wrong.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together