[ SHOWGSD-L ] American Champion Club and Rin Tin Tin

  • From: "Miss Hereford" <misshereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:34:54 -0600

David:
I loved your response to the American Champion Dog topic that I posted
earlier today that has apparently now gone global.

Personally I feel the buying public cannot distinguish between an American
Kennel Club Championship and the American Champion Club certificate being
offered on the website.

For example, if I sent my $45 to these people, I could (emphasis on Could)
advertise puppies from Rin Tin Tin as being sired by "An American Champion."
(Something I would NEVER do) and the buying public who is enamored by the
name would be more enticed to purchase on of my puppies; that is if they met
my placement requirements which are very strict and geared toward working
especially in the area of service and pet assisted therapy, not to mention
the long waiting lists as I breed very few litters these days as I am in the
process of passing the torch to my daughter..

The fact that the Rin Tin Tin dogs are NOT conformation dogs by today's
standards would not sway the customary buying public's decision. And that
makes me very sad as likely somewhere down the line the end consumer will be
mislead by "Fancy Advertising." And that "Fancy Advertising" could
ultimately do damage to the breed and add even more unwanted dogs to kill
shelters.

This, of course, is all just my humble opinion.

You can thank the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
(www.IAABC,org <http://www.iaabc,org/> ) for my original post exposing the
American Champion Club. Please email them and express your opinions.

Faithfully Yours,

Rin Tin Tin,

Miss Daphne Hereford.

www.RinTinTin.com