[ SHOWGSD-L ] Always with a sense of proportion

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 11:28:53 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 2/25/12 7:06:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I think  that I am living proof of what Evan says.  Around 1980, Tedi
entrusted me  with a handsome, sound, beautiful mover named Asgard's Romulus.
Rom was  a CH Gable (by GV Watson) son out of Asgard's Dale, ROM.  Tedi gave
Rom  to me with no strings.  She trusted me to show him, but, mostly, to give
 him a good home.  The home I could do at the time, but, being a single
Mom, I couldn't afford to show him much.  Evan showed him for me a  little,
and Angie Stegner handled him at a few shows.  He did well, once  winning a
huge Novice Dog class in AZ under Dave Rinke, and the Guz even  showed him for
me, gratis, at his Futurity!

People do trust you  with good dogs.  You just need to sell yourself and
then prove  yourself.  When the time came that I could afford to really show a
dog,  Tedi gave me CH Diana.  She was my first American champion and is the
 granddam of my latest gift from Asgard, Harley, the best dog I have ever
shared my life with.    Tedi had to practically force me to take  Harley!
She knew me better than I knew myself!  And, as you all  know, Harley has
given me the ride of my life!!   It is fun seeing  his "little" brothers &
sisters doing so well with their families and in  the ring.

This gives me a chance to tell the "back story".  I don't think it is  a
surprise that Tedi and I are and have been fans of Paula. I took a trip to
Reno with her and we laughed the entire ride. Then we checked into our rooms
and  found the only motel with not one blade of grass.

As to her post, Romulus was from the only breeding Tedi allowed me to pick
the stud dog. He was a Futurity winnner owned by Ken Downing and I fell in
love  with him and his movement. Romulus had the same movement. Dale, his
dam was the  dam of Champions Dragonslayer, Champion Dakota and Champion
Destiny, (3 of our  most sucessful breeding).  Diana was a fantastic bitch and
so
full of life.  Her daughter Dina is with my buddy in Michigan and has
turned into a great  hunting dog for him. He may meet me in Florida this
weekend
with her, where he  is fishing.

Then there is Harley Davidson.

 Harley has tested Paula like no one should be tested. At last count  he
has earned 97 Best of Breeds, numerous group wins and a Best in Show at an
All-Breed show.  Because of his wins he has been the source of so many
stories and blasts at both him and Paula.  She took it in stride, as I
explained
how easy it is to lose, and how difficult it is to win. You know you  are
doing it right when people start rumors about your dog, and you know you are
headed to the top, when they start the rumors about you.

Pauls remains full of fun, laughs whenever we are together, and shows what
dedication and a sense of humor can do.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together