[ SHOWGSD-L ] All the news that's fit to print

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

The Junior's project is still working. About an hour ago I was told our
bandwidth had been used up.  I have no idea what that means, but it is  fixed
now.

As you may know, Rin Tin Tin has donated medal pins for each person  who
enters Juniors, and another medal for the class winner, and then a large
medal, ribbon and plaque for the Best Junior Handler.  Pictures of the  pins
and
medals are on the site.

I have spoken to the AKC and they agreed that I can present a savings bond
to the Junior winner at the after-show-dinner.  I haven't gotten approval
from the GSDCA for this yet, but I think it is probably the same as the
year  we gave a package of gifts to each Junior. Maybe with the ribbons,
medals and bond it will encourage a bigger entry.

Frank Fasano is helping me with the details and he will present this to the
 board.

I will buy the bond in the amount of 75% of what is in the account, thanks
to your donations.  We will announce the amount at the dinner, (if the club
 agrees) and I will purchase it to mature at the age of 18 of the Junior
Handler,  then send it to the home.  Again, all costs will be paid. The Junior
 Handler fund will remain to grow for the next year.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to who presents this. I would like
someone other than me, and perhaps the president, or the head of Juniors
would  be the person to do this.  Or, if it made sense, I could designate a
person  who I feel should do it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together