[ SHOWGSD-L ] Alert, State Farm Insurance

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 14:08:29 -0400

Hi All,

Just got off the phone with my insurance agent.  I got concerned because my
Homeowner's insurance is due on May 28 and I had not received a bill.  I have
received the junk mail, privacy notice stuff, but no bill.  I was thinking
maybe I was cancelled because of the dogs.  Not so.  Turns out that many people
are calling in saying they did not get their bills either.  State Farm is
investigating to see if there was a computer glitch or what.  So far it seems
to be limited to CA during the months of Feb thru March with payments due in
April and May.

So, while talking to my agent, I asked him about Breed specific cancelled
policies.  He said the policy is to cancel only if there is an unprovoked bite
incident and it can be any breed.  However, they do an investigation to
determine if the incident was unprovoked or a just dog doing his/her job.  My
agent is cool and loves dogs.  Ok, he has little yappers but he has also met a
couple of my dogs and they liked him right away.  Even Gunther, my personal
protector :-)

But, I digress.  If you live in CA and have State Farm insurance, keep an eye
out for your bill if you have a premium due any time soon.  Hate to see someone
get cancelled for failure to pay their bill.  It's too hard as it is to get
decent Homeowner's insurance.

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.