[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Advertising

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:50:08 EST

In a message dated 1/4/05 9:19:38 AM, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Great suggestion.  In the Chicago area we have a Pet Fair every year at
the
Arlington Race track, its a really big event. I think Topline has had a booth
there and the GSDTC of Chicago, but I dont think Shoreline or Illini have
ever
been there.   This is another way to get to the public.

Patty >>

Two of my dogs got their CGC titles at that pet fair (in different years).  A
local obedience club held it.  They were great publicity -- as exhibitors --
we got to have them with us as we walked the Pet Fair.  Attendees can't bring
their dogs, but those that make the mistake of thinking they can have the
option of having their dogs in a "day care" facility while they walk the show.
It
was a very nominal fee, $1.00 I think, for baby-sitting, and the money went
to charity.

My "big guy" - Worth, my coated shepherd, was the darling of the day --
everyone wanted to hug him, touch him, and he was happy to oblige.  We walked
around for a few hours, long enough for Worth to get hundreds of hugs and
kisses
and long enough for him to also pick out MANY goodies that were at nose level.

Kelly