[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Addiction in Dogs

  • From: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:28:51 +0000

My dog Mick who will be six next month has this jolly ball. It is a big round
plastic ball with holes in it so that he can pick it up. There is a smaller
ball inside that rolls around inside. He loves this ball. He has had it since
he was four months old. It is all chewed up and is not even round anymore. When
he goes outside he had got to find his ball before he can do his business.He
races around the yard to find it. A couple weeks ago it snowed about eight
inches. His ball got full of snow. He was mad because he could not pick it up.
He was rolling it around with his nose. Now there is another jolly ball just
like it in the yard. I threw it at him and said here buddy ...play with this
one. He walked away from it and went over to the old one and started pushing it
around with his nose again. I took it in the house and got all the snow out of
it for him.Wherever he is in the yard that ball is either in his mouth or
between his front feet. And do not even think about trying t
 o take
 his ball if you are one of the other dogs! When I sent him to the handler for
training I sent his ball with him. I think that if he lost this ball he would
need a doggie psychiatrist!!!! It is very amusing to watch him with this ball.

Amy Greenhut
Justrock Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises, Turtle & Tortoise Rescue

From: grnram415@xxxxxxx