[ SHOWGSD-L ] Actions of the few that affect the many

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:08:38 -0400

From: Les Salowski <sheppup@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Answers - And More Questions
How can ANYONE override our bylaws??   Was the Parliamentarian obtained
through the Jack 'N Jill Day Care Center?? ........................les

Margery Golant wrote:

>* No one filed charges, there were no specifications, no $50.00 was
>paid to the Corresponding Secretary, none of the other requisites of Art.
>VII, Sec. 2 were adhered to. The parliamentarian claimed that they could
>"override the by-laws" since the board was the one who would consider the
>charges, and therefore, they didn't need to concern themselves with the
>By-laws.
>
>* Supposedly the "charges" were made by the entire Board, primarily in
>reliance on Lew's claims about me made to them in July, then the same
>parties who filed the charges acted as prosecutor, judge and jury. Lew's
>accusations about Hunte were dropped, as he realized they were untrue.
I feel sick to my stomach concerning this situation.  Having just received my
25 years pin a few days ago, I now wonder what kind of club this is?  I see the
honesty and integrity of Margy, the forthrightness of Jeff who is running for
the Board and will get MY vote. . . About the rest, I don't know.  Why the
secrecy?  The gag order?  Why RIGHT before the election?
I will admit--I just don't get it.
Penny in NY