[ SHOWGSD-L ] Achilles National Brag

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:30:47 EST

For someone who wasn't going to go or show their dog, we did extremely  well.
Our GSDC of Atlanta's newletter, The Guardian, which I took over as Editor
of in September this year , won 1st runner up in the Newsletter contest and
GSDC  of Atlanta went 2nd in the Club Challenge for our division and won 1st
prize in  the Parade. Then our newest club GSDC of North Ga went 2nd in the
Parade
and  tied for 3rd in the Club Challenge. Not bad for a brand new club ! Way
to go  guys !
First off...BIG THANKS to Killy's new bestest pal Peg for convincing me to
take some time off and go for a ride and helping me make the decision to go
ahead and show the kid. For her help in getting him ready and for the "Village"

it took to keep me out of sight, scent and earshot of the " I really love my
mom  " brat. For getting him impeccably groomed, for all those who kept me
hidden and  informed. There are so many of you but you know who you are and how
much you are  appreciated. Thank you Bill Tank for showing this boy
wonderfully. And most of  all, thank you to all who supported him while he was
in the
ring. The crowd  support for the boy as he went around made me so proud of him.
Thank you also to  Steve and Pat Roda and Mary Ellen for your support and
kindness. Thank you  Barbara Amidon for awarding our boy,  Greenwood's Achilles
2nd
Novice Dog.  And if that wasn't thrilling enough. I came down from the clouds
in time to  watch his dad Trouble work out Friday night and it was wonderful
to see him up  close again. What a handsome dog . Then to watch him go Select
again, was, well,  just awesome.
Achilles is sired by 2x Sel Ch Bilmar's Here Comes Trouble and his dam is
our lovely Mastercharge daughter Ch Helmic's Cassandra and proudly co owned
with Ken & Delaine Thomson. This boy has done us so proud. In limited  showing
he
has 3 Best Puppy wins in major pointed shows and a 4 point major and  now
this. It's wonderful to be able to breed a boy of this quality but more
wonderful that we have such great friends and advisors with us. As a dear
friend
tells me, it does take a Village and we have a great one.

Denise  Groenewald
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)