[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ARBA

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:38:36 -0800 (PST)

      I have been told that the ARBA is no longer having the Shiloh at their
  shows, only the King Shepherd.  Not much difference; both are still
  off-shoots of the GSD that cannot successfully compete in AKC, so
  they call it another breed. In Shilohs under 28" in males, 26"in bitches
  is DQ. In Kings under 27" males, 25" bitches.  This, however is only
  at three years of age. Thus we see many of both breeds the same size
  and the same coat type as GSDs. In fact, the standards of both breeds
  (Shiloh more so ) are taken directly from the GSD's standards. Both
  breeds are simply GSDs that lack the qualities to be shown as GSDs.
                                       Carolyn
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:
I will be  judging the ARBA shows on the 12, next Saturday. In  Clarmont if
anyone  wants to come watch, they are fun. We are doing four shows in one day.
 What a hoot.  I may go ahead and get AKC licensed for some of these breeds,
as they are now AKC accepted.
Companion
_COTON DE TULEAR
BOLOGNESE
DANISH  SWEDISH FARMDOG
_ (http://www.arba.org/CotonDeTulear1BS.htm) Herding
_MINIATURE AUSTRALIAN  SHEPHERD_ (http://www.arba.org/MiniAussie1BS.htm)
_PUMI
SHILOH  SHEPHERD
_ (http://www.arba.org/ShilohShepherd1BS.htm)
Spitz
_Alaskan klee-kai_ (http://www.arba.org/AlaskanKleeKaiBS.htm)
_SWEDISH LAPPHUND
xoloitzcuintli _ (http://www.arba.org/SwedishLapphundBS.htm)
Sporting
_IRISH RED & WHITE SETTER
BRACCO ITALIANO
_ (http://www.arba.org/IrishRedWhiteBS.htm)
Terrier
AMERICAN  PIT BULL TERRIER
*BIEWER
_PATTERDALE TERRIER

_ (http://www.arba.org/PatterdaleTerrier1BS.htm) Working
_American  Bulldog_ (http://www.arba.org/AmericanBulldogBS.htm)
_Argentine Dogo_ (http://www.arba.org/ArgentineDogoBS.htm)
_Cane Corso_ (http://www.arba.org/CaneCorsoBS.htm)
_Dogue De  Bordeaux_ (http://www.arba.org/DoguedeBordeauxBS.htm)
_DOGO CANARIO_ (http://www.arba.org/DogoCanarioBS.htm)
_LEONBERGER
TIBETAN  MASTIFF _ (http://www.arba.org/TibetanMastiffBS.htm)

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original
author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of  any kind

PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS  EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS  PROHIBITION WILL BE