[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AOE GV Ch. Woodsides' Nestle's Quik ...

  • From: "M. Mike Lynch" <cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:18:27 -0700 (PDT)

Quik was a wonderful dog. Some people discredited him because he had a lighter
eye, but the dog was a stong, stallion of a male. One thing that quick offered
was that BEAUTIFUL breed type. He was definately, "gentle curves" rather than
angles. He was definately "all Male". His movement was very correct and floaty.
He suspended beautifully and was nice and easy going. Did he have his faults,
of course he did, but what was so nice about Quik was that they were right
there, for everyone to see and no one made a quibble about that... when you
judged the whole dog, you realized you were "nit picking" and he was very nice
and he appeared steady as a rock in the ring. In fact, I think they used to
double him with a towel ( a trick I teach my dogs). Cappy would wave it and you
would watch his eyes light up.tail wagging and off he would go.

  I remember him well. Its very nice to walk down memory lane to some of those
great dogs like Gunner, Ricky( Lone Star), Bear, Crunch, Nelson (AJ v
Windigail), Romantico. and so on.

  Mike Lynch

www.BlackHawk-Farms.com
Northern California American Saddlebred Horse Association
Vice President (Class of 2007)