[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC<>Alabama Spay/Neuter Bill Introduced

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 13:27:25 -0700

There is a law in some state that covers insurance discrimination (dog)  (Nope,
can't remember right now).  And as far as other "positive" legislation, suggest
something.  I bet you'll find 20 different people saying it won't work for this
reason or that reason.  Seriously, the laws in place right now are fine.
 Disturbing the peace, leash laws, public health, nuisance, they all cover the
dogs and any amount of dogs one could want to own.   It's the laws that want to
go beyond that, restricting our choices that are now coming through on a
targeted, planned campaign.
Remember, the philosophy of the Animal rights groups is that animals are the
equal of humans and that exploitation of the animals for ANY reason is not
right.  And that means having that dog hang around at your feet waiting to go
out and play:-)

On Apr 2, 2009, at 1:08:04 PM, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Instead of fighting these things one state at a time maybe its time the we all
step up and push legislation to stop these things.  Legislation that we WILL
SUPPORT and that will work.  Thats the problem.... noone is willing to support
ANY type of legislation and thus we face this stuff individually.

Why not start with legislation that makes it illegal for insurance companies to
breed descriminate and illegal to cancel just becasue you own dogs?  or better
yet, if tehy choose to do business in your state tehy must cover whatever
animals are on the property?   We could then move on to other stuff we CAN
agree on......

--
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org