[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC tour

  • From: Glasspal1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:20:24 EST

I just returned from a visit to my daughter and her family who live near
Raleigh, NC. Before going there I contacted AKC and arranged a tour. My
daughter
Rose and I were greeted by Betty Nightengale from Special Services and  given
a whole tour of the building, from the 1st floor thru the 4th floor where
all the executive offices are. It was on Thursday, the day before the holiday
so
 a lot of people were all ready gone. It is a very impressive operation, from
the  way all paperwork is processed, the printing operation, show services,
DNA  services. The building itself is beautiful and so is the statue of Dog NY,
the  German Shepherd that represents the rescue dogs that serviced the site
on Sept.  11, the first thing you see when you go in the door. There are 350
people that  work there but just a few that run a few operations like new
judges
and special  services. They do a lot of work. Security is very tight also. I
am glad I  went.
Bobbie Kindy