[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Delegate

  • From: "Catherine Murch" <fmurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:01:09 -0500

Hi;
I wanted to answer Bonnie's question about the Delegate. I am the Delegate for
Newton Kennel Club, my responsibility is to inform
my fellow members of items that are to be voted on at Delegate meetings, by
giving them information on the issues, and then asking them  how I am to vote
or to bring up discussion on the issues.

I represent my Club, not my own agenda. I forward letters and items sent to me
as a Delegate to my members so that they
are kept informed of issues that are being discussed and what is going on at
AKC.

There are times on certain issues of voting, the membership will direct me to
us my own judgement.  I would like to mention that
when a Delegate becomes a Board member of the AKC, this changes, as they are
really looking out for the AKC and this
is why one item of discussion has been that when a Delegate is elected to the
AKC Board, that the Club would elect or appoint
an interim Delegate to represent the Clubs interest while the Office Delegate
is setting on the Board.

It is just like an Board seat where you are elected to look out for that
organization and it's future. In this case the organization is AKC.

There is still a great deal of discussion going on concerning this matter.

I am elected by my membership, not appointed and I feel that I am there to
represent them, not myself.

Cathy
Kelstar

Catherine Murch