[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Communicates

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Show List GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:50:54 -0700

http://links.mkt2242.com/servlet/MailView?ms=MjkzNDQ1NAS2&r=MTg5NDEzMjU1ODcS1&j=ODYyOTQ5NTYS1&mt=1&rt=0

http://tinyurl.com/yhrf7lf

To make sure you continue receiving AKC emails, please add
enews@xxxxxxx to your email address book.

AKC Canine Partnerssm Special Edition!

Publicize Your AKC Canine Partnerssm Event in Your Community!

We hope you’re as excited as we are about the new AKC Canine Partners
Program and welcoming mixed breeds into AKC Companion Events as of
April 1st, 2010. We believe this will truly allow AKC to become an
advocate for ALL dogs.
Now that mixed breeds may participate in AKC Rally®, Agility and
Obedience, the AKC Canine Partners program is a great way to reach out
to your community and reach a broader audience.

Read our guide to help you with your media efforts.
Enroll Today and Get $10 Off!
Save $10 when you enroll your dog in AKC Canine Partners by April
30th. Click here to enroll your dog for just $25 now!

The AKC Canine Partners Program connects you with other mixed-breed
dog owners and provides valuable information about training classes,
clubs and AKC programs. Read more.
Lots More CLUB Fun!
We want our clubs to become involved in AKC Canine Partners and
welcome mixed breed owners to the AKC family. Your promotion of AKC
Canine Partners can also help your club meet one of your public
education eligibility requirements. Read some suggestions here.
Lots More KID Fun!
In honor of the AKC Canine Partners program, the 2010 Kids’ Corner Art
Contest asks participants to draw a picture of themselves doing
something fun with their favorite dog.
Read more.

AKC Canine Partnerssm in Cyberspace!
Our social media is focusing on AKC Canine Partners this month! We’ll
be posting information about program developments and the first
events, including photos, recaps and more! Read more.

Save the Date For Responsible Dog Ownership Days This September!

While September seems far away, it’s never too early for us to start
helping you plan for an exciting "AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Days".
In 2010, the program marks its eighth year and we encourage all AKC-
affiliated clubs and dog-related organizations to hold a
community event publicly promoting responsible dog ownership anytime
during the month of September. Read more.
Looking for Heroes:
Nominations Open for 11th Annual Awards for Canine Excellence

Over the last decade, thousands of dog lovers have nominated special
canines for the AKC Humane Fund Awards for Canine Excellence (ACE).
Each Year ACE honorees are recognized nationally, and five dogs are
chosen who have performed an exemplary act or series of acts, whether
large or seemingly small, that have significantly benefited a
community or individual. Do you know a dog who has touched peoples'
lives?

Read about the nomination process here. | See all 2009 honorees.
2009 Search and Rescue ACE Winner "Sage," a Border Collie owned by
Diane Whetsel of Hagerman, NM
CITIZEN CANINE: New Addition to the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program®

The ultimate AKC Canine Good Citizen book is now available! Written by
AKC CGC and S.T.A.R. Puppy Director Dr. Mary Burch, Citizen Canine is
a must-have resource for anyone interested in training dogs.

A beautiful new 256 page book with informative full color photos on
almost every page, CITIZEN CANINE goes way beyond the basic 10 steps
of the Canine Good Citizen Test. Read more, or order the book here.
2009 AKC Registration Statistics Available for Top 50 Cities
In January, the Communications team unveiled AKC's Top 10 dog breeds
in America based on its 2009 registration figures with an appearance
on the Today Show and a press conference at New York City’s Grand
Central Terminal (GCT). At GCT, we were joined by several working K-9s
from the Metropolitan Transit Authority, including two Labrador
Retrievers and a German Shepherd Dog, in honor of the top two most
popular breeds in America and the work dogs do to keep our nation
safe. The top five most popular breeds, the Labrador Retriever, German
Shepherd, Yorkshire Terrier, Golden Retriever and Beagle, represented
by the  K-9s and puppies of each breeds, were on hand for a
presentation and photos. Read more.
Special Microchip Pricing for AKC Clubs
Join many AKC Clubs across the country that benefit from using AKC CAR
microchips and recovery service. Hosting an upcoming RDO Day, show or
club meeting? Don't forget about microchips! Microchipping can help
your Club in a variety of ways. Read more.
AKC Launches Weekly Wins Gallerysm E-mail

This January the AKC launched a new weekly e-mail bulletin, the AKC
Weekly Wins Gallery, which showcases wins and photos from dogs across
the country. Giving exhibitors the chance to share their news with the
fancy in a format that is both immediate and visually impressive, this
new showcase has been a huge hit. Read more about the email, or view
past issues.
Kudos!
Kudos to the following clubs and individuals for promoting AKC events,
activities and opportunities across the country. Recognizing and
utilizing your members’ particular expertise and capabilities to put
your own “spin” on AKC’s message points helps them go even further.
Read about:
Clubs that generated great media coverage and AKC Community
Achievement Award Honorees.
Website Spotlight:
Lyons Township Dog Training Club
The well-maintained Web site of the Lyons Township Dog Training Club
is like the dogs the club trains – an excellent worker! Extensive
detail about the club’s obedience and agility classes is listed right
on the front page, so prospective participants don’t have to dig to
find the training information they’re looking for. The club’s up-to-
date calendar, which is easily viewable on the left side of the
homepage, lists upcoming dates for classes and events. Online
registration and a contact number for questions are listed immediately
after the classes, ensuring that confusion doesn’t drive anyone away
from signing up.

The club has always been open to purebreds and mixed breeds, but they
have taken advantage of the new AKC Canine Partners Program to
encourage people to enroll their mixed breeds in classes and
competitions. LTDTC prominently featured a mixed breed competition
seminar which was held in March on their calendar. The club also
provides a link to its Twitter page, where they promote club events,
including Canine Partners news. We encourage all clubs to become
involved in social media as a communication tool and as a way to
attract new members. Post a link to your social media pages on your
club’s homepage and you’re sure to increase your amount of fans or
followers.

Thanks to the all our clubs who routinely generate positive media
coverage. If your club has an idea or success story to share, please
send it to: Lisa Peterson, Director of Club Communications, American
Kennel Club, 4th Floor, 260 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016 or send
us your brag in an e-mail to Communications@xxxxxxxx We look forward
to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
The AKC Communications Team

Forward to a club member

To be removed from our mailing list: Unsubscribe Here
If you have changed your email address: Change Address Here
To update your subscription preferences: Change Profile Here

We respect your privacy. Please read AKC's Privacy Statement.

American Kennel Club | 8051 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 100 | Raleigh,
NC 27617
Customer Care Center (919) 233-9767 | info@xxxxxxx

© 2010 American Kennel