[ SHOWGSD-L ] ADMIN -Re: Posting whenever

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:12:41 EDT

In a message dated 4/3/2005 6:26:07 PM Central Daylight Time, ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:
I think we are missing the point here. The issue is a rule of  the List. If
the List rules do not allow this, then it should not be done. We  can still,
if
we want, send a post to whoever we want through the Internet. But,  when we
use the List, we must follow the List rules.
I've just looked through my mail, and I haven't found anything from the list
administrators which restricts posting show results.  If I missed something,
please let me know.  In fact, this list has gone out of its way to help to
provide up to the minute results from the national.
There is no rule against posting show results.  Actually, that has been one
of the more appreciated subjects over the years.  The only rule that even
slightly touches on this subject, is the rule against stating where a dog is
going
to be shown.  When a dog is entered and shown the first day of a show weekend,
and show results are sent in a post to the list, that does not necessarily
state that the dog is also entered the following day or days of that show
weekend.   Furthermore ... If a judge views show results and that affects the
outcome of the next day's show, or even the next month's shows, then that is a
serious problem with that particular judge, not with the list's format.

The restriction is against stating where a dog is going to be shown.
Certainly it can be debated whether or not that matters, and for the same
reason as
I've typed above.  However, there is another factor that none of you have
considered which is even more important.  If a particularly good dog's show
plans
are posted on the list, that can, and likely will, adversely affect attendance
at those shows ... even after entries close.  There are people who would
believe the show is not winnable for their own dog, and they might decide,
based on
what they saw on the list, not to attend the show.

Tom Langlitz
Showgsd-l Administrator