[ SHOWGSD-L ] A wonderful weekend.....

  • From: "windmillgsd@xxxxxxxx" <windmillgsd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:48:25 GMT

Wow, we couldn't have asked for a better, more special weekend....

We were told that there were majors being built at the West Central Oklahoma KC
in Elk City, OK, and could we help with entries?  So, we entered 3 bitches and
a Special, and drove the 6 hours to the show.  We weren't expecting much,
especially after we saw the count (20 bitches and 4 Specials!), so we just went
to have a good time.  Well, we were shocked when our Lily (CH Windmill's Sweet
Child O Mine) was awarded Best of Breed on Saturday under Mrs. Jacqueline
Stacy, for a 5 point major towards her Grand Championship!  Then, Lily topped
off the day with a Herding Group III, also under Mrs. Stacy!  Lily is by CH
Kenlyn's Coach HiCliff Kaleef and is out of Windmill's Every Breath You Take
(thank you Sergio Espejo for your hard work to get this breeding done!!).

Just when we thought it couldn't be better, on Sunday, our girl Maia went WB
for a 3 point major and completed her Championship!  While this may seem an
ordinary feat, to us, it is EXTRA special, as Maia is 7 1/2 years old!  Maia
received her first 12 points rather quickly.....but when it came time to get
that last major, all of her luck ran out.  Every time a good judge would come
up for her, something would happen--she would be out of coat, or there wouldn't
be a major, or the major would break so she couldn't show.  One time, when
there was an especially good judge for her, the judge broke her ankle the day
before so we had a substitute judge!  We had just about given up hope but
decided to enter her to help with the numbers at this show....plus, Mrs. Stacy
had put her up in the past.  Well, Mrs. Stacy did like her still, but it wasn't
her day.  We didn't even think she had a chance on Sunday, but Ms. Beverly
Capstick gave her the nod, fulfilling our dream!  Maia is now CH Wndmlls Every
Rose Has Its Thorn, by CH Windmill's Synchronicity and out of Windmill's Wild
Firecracker.  Maia is now retired from the ring, except to continue as Logan's
Juniors dog (and Logan is currently the number 1 GSD Junior and the number 10
Herding Junior!)...

Lily went Select on Sunday under Ms. Capstick for a 3 point Grand Championship
major...she now has 19 points towards her GC, with limited showing since she
has only just now grown her coat back!

Both girls (who are cousins) were expertly handled by Ashley, of course!!
Thank you to all of our friends in Oklahoma for the wonderful welcome,
friendship and support you gave us!

--Heather (Windmill GSDs, President--GSDC of Dallas)
Proud mom of Ashley...2002 AND 2008 GSDCA Best Junior, 6 time winner of the
Robert Hamilton Award; Holly...2008 Number 1 Aussie Jr; and Logan...2010
Euk/2011 West qualified and current #1 GSD Junior!
http://www.windmillgermanshepherds.com

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c8e8e50165adbcb57est04vuc