[ SHOWGSD-L ] A serious question asked here

  • From: <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSDCA Showlist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:39:32 -0700

Below is a heartbreaking message from my close dear friend in MI. I would
like opinions from many GSD people on this list. This friend lost a GS last
year at this time from Hemangiosarcoma. Then this year at the same time she
lost another precious extremely talented GSD IPO3 from the same disease.
They were both on the same immunizations at her clinic. This person is a
wonderful caretaker of her shepherds. The best food, live in the house &
always has taken the best care of her shepherds. Both shepherds were NOT
related. I just spoke with my friend next door that hasn't given
vaccinations/heartworm med's for a number of years to his Catahoula hound
either. And has stopped his vac's to his 4 quarter horses for years. His
horses are not shown any more, never leave their place or bring anything new
in. I told my vet no more vaccinations to my 7 year old or 8 year old GSDs.
I have a GSD friend in OK who couldn't get control over the fleas & ticks.
She told me she felt like she was poisoning her dogs with all the pesticides
that just didn't work for her anymore. I understand the concerns for some. A
really difficult decision. Kathy Partch www.JoKaySedona.com

Friends, right now both my heart and soul are aching and breaking. If I had
listened to all the breeders, my Lobo would still be alive and well today
(and, most likely, my Athena too). DON'T give your pets yearly
immunizations. Get the 3 years rabies, the initial immunizations, and then
blood titers of the other ones needed (to check if their blood levels of
immunity are good). Immunizations are both unnecessary and lethal. For all
of you who disagree with me, well, frankly, I don't give a..! Just PLEASE
heed my warning (for your pet's sake) Sincerely hurting