[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A one way ticket

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:40:30 -0400

Are y'all measuring distance by airmiles, or driving miles?
We all know it takes as long to drive from northern Ca. to southern Ca. as
it does to traverse several states in the east...but the miles make more
sense than the time, if one is tracking, I think.
   On the other hand, east of Ohio the traffic is heavier, too, so if you're
considering miles AND time, the east gets extra, don't you think?
      Of course I'm just tossing thoughts out there...most of the time I
can't go to the National anyway...and when it was the closest to me in
years, I couldn't go then, either.
   BUT - just going from Cape Cod to Virginia can take
12 hours...depending on traffic and the never-ending construction our
eastern highways have...  I don't drive in the west often, of course, but
then, y'all in California don't drive here, either.......
      Do some of those sites on Mapquest...and then add in the east's
traffic.  There's no way someplace like Utah or Colorado can be considered
central, even tho they may be perfectly gorgeous show sites...heaven knows
they are both spectacular states!

    If you want to have the National where most of the people are, it looks
like Florida and California are the places to be...and I think we can all
remember
what a PITA it was to get to Daytona.............(or so people said)
               Peggy