[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A new board member

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:50:44 -0400 (EDT)

I hate politics, because I hate to lose. I ran for President of the GSDCA
twice and lost both times. I realized the intelligence of the membership,
and I  respect them for that.

If I thought I could do a better job than my board, I would run again. I
don't think there is more I can offer, but I do think Ed has a lot to  offer.
 Being beat does not mean you have no value. Remember how Nixon was  beat.
Well, maybe that is a bad example.

I would love to see Ed on the board, and then when he does a great job, be
eliminated after two terns, as is everyone.

If you have something to offer, give of yourself.

If Ed loses again, he should run again.  That is how we learn, how we  get
good people and how the system works. It is no more run and lose, than it is
 get elected and have a term limit to ever run again.  There is no limit to
 the number of times you lose the election.

Evan

In a message dated 8/20/2014 7:20:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Einstein  also said. And this is my favorite quote from him " Insanity is
doing the  same thing over and over and expecting something different to
happen" Evan  if you recall I did run for the BOD ( you talked me into it)
themembership  spoke and I was soundly defeated! I have no further interest
ofever running  again , in fact I'm seriously thinking about running for
school board for  the district I taught for 8 long long years. Public
Education has very  serious problems. But what surprised me most about your
post is your  statement about not criticizing if one is not willing to  help
solve  the problem, and your point is valid! But I have suggested many many
many  ways that I believe would help this club. I've attended board
meetings,
called board members on the phone and God knows I've been very  vocal with
my
ideas and opinions on this LIST!.... So I "object" to  your  statement about
not helping to solve problems based on the  grounds of " assuming facts that
are not in evidence".  Lol.  And  last, I'd love  your vote next year, but
youneed to move to Brentwood  cuz the only ballot with my name on it will be
for Brentwood Unified School  Board!  Ed

http://showgsd.org/mail.html