[ SHOWGSD-L ] A little comment here....

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:39:55 -0800

I totally agree that EVERYbody should attempt to go to the board
meetings. My income (HAH!) won't allow it, but because it was here, I
took the $$ to spend the night at the hotel, and so very glad I did.
When I first got there, I looked at the guest chairs and whined that
there wasn't enough for the MANY I thought would come to the Board
meeting.  They were filled, and a LITTLE overfilled.  Not enough over
filled.
You really should have attended, while it was often frustrating for me
to sit and not jump up with MY opinion, I learned a lot, watched the
Board members, learned a lot, listened to the problems facing the
Club, learned a lot.... <VBG>
I don't agree with Evan that anybody was trying to be dishonest... I
think that trying to find a way to recoup the investment that will be
going out and hoping for some return on that investment, at the same
time give tax deductions to donors was getting a couple of comments
that could be misinterpreted.  The BOD halted that "thread" (I've been
doing too manylists!!! :), and returned to the subject correctly.
I'm going to drive over and let my Son cook up some of his GREAT
Chicken TAcos now...
Be good and I'll post more later
STormy

I have for years said everyone should go to a board meeting. If you  saw
how hard they work you would understand and realize mistakes will be
made,
but overall they are trying very hard to do the best they can.

I do think the board must have a lawyer on the board.  I wanted so  many
times to jump up and shout about the law. At one point they were talking
about how to cheat the IRS and find a way to falsify our income to
justify
taking money and calling it a payback for a loan. As an attorney who
is a
member
  of Tax Court, that was offensive.  It didn't seem to have any
support.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/