[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A little bit of history

  • From: <legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:33:31 -0400

Since Zoe is taking some well earned time off from relaying messages, and I am
bored to tears driving through Kansas, I will try to share some random thoughts
on WDS.

I am not a big competitor, and certainly not accustomed to the level of
experience and expertise of my fellow exhibitors, but I am glad I did it.  I
hate to fail, but I am not afraid of it.  I consider it a learning experience.
I had a great time showing, mainly because my dog heeled so well.  This was a
skill she had to re-learn after having learned to heel very badly when she was
young.  Breaking her bad habits at 4 + years old was a real challenge.  I am
proud of her.  She did have minor issues with precision in the obedience phase,
but those are easy enough to fix.

I spent some time training and hanging out (waiting around) with Helen Gleason.
 She is amazing. I don't know her actual age, but I know she is a grandmother.
She gets more done in a day than most people do in a week.  She'll make you
tired just watching.

The donation of the Bear trophy was a gesture of good will and inclusion, which
I feel is the only smart, logical, natural path.  Everyone involved was touched
by the significance, knowing what it meant to the owner and what the dog meant
to the breed.

Linda - *still* in Kansas
Legato German Shepherds

Linda.........Give us more details, please....................