[ SHOWGSD-L ] A bad experience

  • From: Daleen Dunphy <amaleen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:42:54 -0400

not for me but for my son Tylor

I tell you this guy (local show photographer) is lucky
I kept my cool and didn't let him have it. ARRRGGGG

We show up at a open handling class - no
instructor - you just play around with your pups etc.
My young pup decides she is going to bark at the dogs - she picked
up this habit from the National after having other dogs barking at
her.
Well................... Tylor goes up to this guy to pay our fee - a elderly
lady is also standing there.
The guy turns to me and says you need to put a choke on that puppy
so you can control it. I said no, I don't pup chokes on pups this young -
she will be fine in a minute ( I was correcting her) The lady joins in
and tells me I don't know what I am doing to next time to put a choke
on the pup. I said NO I don't do that with my pups this young, never
have and never will.

The look on poor Ty's face. I just shrugged it all off - after all
it's only this
jerk - no big deal!
We walked away and were standing near the ring and this guy says (loudly
enough for us to hear) to the lady standing with him - "that pup will
never win anything"

At that point I was mad - but didn't want to let Tylor see I was mad.
Now let me tell you Tylor was mad and says to me "these kind of people
(meaning show people) are not nice at all and I don't think I will ever want
to show a dog.
And people wonder why there is no new blood getting into this sport?
I just said to Tylor that guy is a jerk and I NEVER listen to him (even when
he is taken my dogs show pics) and that he can't let people like that
upset him cus we both know we doing what is right for OUR dogs and who
cares what others do or think.

The whole way home I kept talking to him about this and now he is saying
he doesn't want to go back there with me.....................

I said we could shut this guy up big time if next week we show up
with our CH Stevie
or Res Maturity Male Max (both class placers at the National) LOL

Oh and within minutes the pup was quiet and watching all the other dogs and
her tail was just a wagging - she also got to have a good play time with a
another pup - they were having so much fun.

Wish me luck with Tylor...................

Daleen Dunphy
Amaleen German Shepherds
"Where Temperament, Type and Movement all come together"
http://www.geocities.com/amaleengsd
Puppies Are Here!