[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Tip for Fundraising :-)

  • From: "Pat Lukos" <targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:56:38 -0400

What an exciting weekend, both personally and with rescue.  Finishing our boy
"Simon" (thank you Jeanne Hamilton) and getting the ROM on his dam "Calif" was
a dream I could only hope for in the world of show dogs and breeding (Vicki
already posted the brag).
Our LHSH rescue table was both fun and profitable.  This was a 5 day all-breed
show.  Didn't set up Thurs. because of rain and mud (had enough of that at the
GL futurity), Friday it finally dried out enough in the afternoon and we set up
for two hours.  Saturday and Sunday were very busy.  Now for the tip
*grin*......... of course, being a rescue and not paying for a vendor site we
were at the mercy of the people in charge as to where to set up....my first
thought was a spot in between vendors...well, of course, those spots were gone
by the time we set up.  So we were given a spot at the very end of the vendors
and I wasn't happy but what can you do when it is "free"....well, I think this
was the best spot on the fair grounds....we were right across the drive way
from the PORTO JOHNS....well, everyone having to GO went right by us and I know
that 60% of our sales were because people had to stop to look at the tables or
ask us to hold their dogs while they "went" and then they came back and "spent"
- LOL

We raffled 3 baskets on Sat. and another 3 on Sun.  We sold t-shirts, used
paper backs, little nick knacks, had a donation jar and gave out a bottle of
water with LHSH logo on for people donating.  Made lots of good contacts and a
profit of $480.

Special thanks to Melanie Fuellgraf, Kathy Ingram, Joe Maringo, Jodi Bobin,
Nancy Cole, Bob Witlicki and Vicki Burkey for helping with donations, set up,
etc.

If any one needs some tips on fundraising at the all breed shows, please
contact me.

Pat Lukos
SARAVA German Shepherds
Secretary, Last Hope Safe Haven, Inc.