[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: A MOMENT OF SILENCE

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <versatilegsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:04:30 -0700

I remember that day so well. My husband had been transferred to Turkey and
the kids and I had just arrived there 2 months before when we got the word
about JFK. Being in a foreign country and hearing that your president was
assassinated had quite an impact on all of us, including the Turkish people.
Some cried for us, too. My husband's birthday was 3 days later - and so was
John-John's, I think he was only 3 years old. How very sad.
Lee F.