[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Heartfelt Brag

  • From: ACorr7640@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 22:22:51 EDT

Today at the Northern New Jersey GSDC show under Judge Ann Barbash, our
Somerset's Mariah One More Time, won the 9 to 12 Month Class (her third time in
the
ring). Then at the end of the very cold day, Mariah went on to win Best Puppy
in a field of quality competition.
Our sincere thanks go out to Sean Conboy who handled Mariah superbly.
Somehow, Sean figured out how to handle this young bitch, who I had nicknamed
the
"Widow Maker" (you know the ones that are so fired up coming out of the shute,
that if you can hold on for 8 seconds, you got a good ride!). Well, after Sean
told me to "get lost" (and I did in my heated car), he must have done his "Dog
Whisperer" thing because she showed like a well bred, young teenage lady. We
wish good Luck to Sean in Bermuda competitions next week.

And our thanks also go out to Judge Barbash for selecting our girl for Best
Puppy. I hope that when I shouted out to her... "Good Eyes!"... she took it in
the spirit of the enthusiasm coming from an old fool like me.

And last, but not least, our thanks go out to all those who supported and
complimented Mariah's win.
(especially those New Englander's, including Miss Bo Peep!)

Thank you all.

Tony & Lisa Correia

Somerset German Shepherds (formerly Eagle Valley Shepherds - South)

Home of: Best In Show-Ch Kismet's Heart's Afire Alkarah,
1998 GSDCA National Winners Dog- Sel.Ch. Eagle Valley's Merck v Somerset,
Co-owner of 1998 GSDCA National Winners Bitch-Eagle Valley's Sophie ROM
Mulitiple BOB, Herding Group Winner- Ch. Eagle Valley's Pfizer
Ch. Eagle Valley's Roxanne
Eagle Valley's Andromeda (pointed)