[ SHOWGSD-L ] A HUGE thank you to the Detroit Club!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 04:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

LHSH would like to thank Amy Greenhut and the GSDC of Detroit for their
dedication and zeal! More than 400$ was raised by them for LHSH this past
weekend, and it comes at a time when money is DESPERATELY needed!! Volunteers
are the backbone of any organization and with people such as these at our side,
we are truly blessed!!! You guys ROCK!
 We are currently caring for Roma ( the GSD found with the imbedded puppy
collar) and her pup in NC at Dr. Midyettes as well as doing an old fashioned
"Smokey and the Bandit" type run starting at midnight Wednesday night! Our
intrepid board member, Steve Reierstad is making the trek from Roxbury Maine,
to Monroeville Ohio to pick up Toby and Angelica; stranded in boarding when a
foster family lost their jobs! We all know what gas prices are these days, and
this is a journey of
 more than 1,500 miles! We have been frantically searching for transport, and
watched as it fell apart last week when 2 of the legs of the journey could not
be filled. Angelica will be going to Steves where she will receive some intense
rehabilitation and Toby is headed to NYC where a new home awaits him!
Prince is a solid black male waiting for HIS forever home in Virginia. Another
victim of an imbedded collar, Prince's problems were compounded with a case of
mange and malnutrition. He is being cared for by Rescue A German Shepherd (Sue
Drewitz). If you know anyone who might be interested, please contact me!
  As we now confront hurricanes Hannah, Ike and potentially even Josephine,
please remember that Rescues are scrambling for a safe corner! Keep them in
your thoughts as
LHSH and our amazing volunteers work to raise the funds that will keep them out
of harms way!
For all those who have given their continued support  by networking, donating
their hard earned money, making phone calls, transporting or fostering...THANK
YOU!!!! We cannot do this without you!!!
The Members of Last Hope Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.
501c3 pending
Donations may be made to: