[ SHOWGSD-L ] A HAPPY THANKSGIVING QUIZ

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>, <wynsum@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 16:24:25 -0800

We have a lot of "wild turkeys"  here.    At dusk we like watching them get on
a slight rise of ground
and take off running with a huge burst of speed so they can get up in the Oak
trees and Pine trees
for roosting at night.    It's like a runway.......and they take off one at a
When they are in the yard and a couple of the dogs charge them to watch them
fly.......they can fly
fast and a surprisingly long distance....but they don't gain much heighth.
They sure are not a
"flying" bird per se ........not even the wild ones.     They fly for a few
hundred yards.......not miles.
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com