[ SHOWGSD-L ] A Glorious Day

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:56:49 -0400

It was a gorgeous day here in Southern California.? Temps in the mid-80's, a
little cloud cover and a day you just want to be outside.? I had played hard
with my dogs last night (to make up for my terrible neglect during a show
weekend, LOL!)? Tonight, they didn't seem to want to play much, in spite of the
cooler weather.? They just wanted to sit with me in the grass and get petted
and brushed as we watched the neighborhood activities.? Some horses came by,
people were on mini-bikes and getting the restored cars out for the summer.? It
was so?nice.?

But, and you knew there was a but.? I started thinking about the hearing
tomorrow on AB1634.? I started wondering, What if I couldn't sit in my yard. my
dogs at my side, enjoying a beautiful summer day?? What if I had to worry that
the next vehicle to drive by was not a kid on a mini-bike, but AC?? What if I
thought I was in compliance with the laws, but this AC Officer decided the
animal I kept intact, did not meet those convoluted qualifications/exemptions??
Now, my nice day is a choice between a $200 vet bill to spay/neuter my animal
or a $500 fine and the loss of the only intact animal I have left to breed.?

Deep thoughts for a nice summer day.? But, as a law abiding citizen, I don't
think I should have to live in fear of losing my animals.? I'm not a drug
dealer or a dog fight promoter or an irresponsible owner nor am I producing
mass litters.? I am just a person who wants to sit in my front yard, dogs at
my?side and enjoy?that nice summer day.? Yes, I am worried about the hearing
and what will be the future of our?Best Friends.

Please donate to PetPac or CFoDC.? Help fight this here in CA.? If this Bill
passes, it WILL go to other States.? There is no doubt they are watching this
with great interest as it has National coverage on CNN and Fox.?

Laura Thomas?
AOL at AOL.com.