[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 9/11 / dog related/IMPORTANT

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:31:39 GMT

I just found some additional information.  The study started in 1995 with
Oklahoma City and is sponsored by IAMS.  Beth's WGSD, Czar, was at Oklahoma
City - I'm not sure if he was part of the study or not but I believe he died
from hemangioma sarcoma of the heart.
Then IAMS also started following the Pentagon SAR dogs.  Here's a link to an
article from THE WASHINGTON TIMES about Beth, Fearghas and the IAMS study.
http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20031130-115702-5699r.htm

Here's a link to a picture on Amazon of Czar on the front cover of a book about
Beth's SAR experiences.
http://www.amazon.com/Search-Rescue-Samantha-Glen/dp/044922578X

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mr friend Beth Barkley's SAR dog, Fearhgus, a WGSD, (they were at the
Pentagon's search) has been followed with yearly MIR's sponsored by some
corporation (forget who).  He developed a very, very rare form of cancer in his
head which was removed earlier this year.  They don't know his long term
prognosis but I keep him in my prayers that he'll have a full recovery and live
to a ripe old age.
Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx wrote:
it has come to light (finally) that so many of the rescuers at ground zero
are now suffering from severe pulmonary problems due to the "dust" they inhaled
while working on the pile.  this dust contains everything from cement to
asbestos to lead and glass and many other toxic substances.  (some  have
already
died from this).  in effect, these people inhaled a building and everything in
it.  does anyone on this list have or know people who have S&R dogs who worked
the world trade center after 9/11?  if so, what is happening to those dogs?
hopefully, now that it has been publicized, these brave people will receive all
the help they need from the government (i know, i'm being overly optimistic).
 i doubt the dogs will receive any assistance beyond what their owners can
give them.  if anyone has any information regarding the status of these
wonderful dogs, please speak up - if they need medical help, we should be doing
something about it.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown