[ SHOWGSD-L ] 9 year old Massachusetts female GSD needs alternative home

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:57:35 -0700 (PDT)

Her owners are moving...the usual excuse..and cannot take her. I will never
understand that reasoning...guessing they would leave the kids behind too, if
children were not allowed in the new abode? I know if it were me, I would be
living in the car with my dogs before I would put them in a shelter.
Anyway, she is greying in the muzzle, has Jefferson Airplane ears and is
obviously BYB, but states she is good with kids, dogs, cats and people. UTD,
spayed and on HW preventative. She will not be an easy placement; the seniors
never are. She looks older than her 9 years. Rescues are having to turn away
YOUNG dogs due to lack of space and therefore are not always able to commit to
an elderly dog who will be in foster most likely for the rest of her life.
There is a BEAUTIFUL mahogany GSD who came into Bladen Cty shelter in NC with
her litter and is now critical. She is very young..maybe 2? Sweet,sweet
temperament. No takers. A Shelter Friend's Krista Hansen has as LHSH for a
donation to help defray the expense if she is able to find a way to commit;
everyone is operating on a shoestring...us included. We will try and scrape
together the finances required for the young, "red dog"...her pups were all
adopted, leaving her behind to fates I would rather not
 think of (Bladen is a gassing shelter)...
The Team from Last Hope Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.
Lasthopesafehaven.com